In this blog post we prepared monitoring http/s response times performance via WLSDM Back-End system monitoring features.
URLs and URLConnections provide a relatively high-level mechanism for accessing resources on the Internet. Sometimes applications are require lower-level network communication, for example, when you want to write a client-server application.
A socket is one end-point of a two-way communication link between two programs running on the network. Socket classes are used to represent the connection between a client program and a server program. The java.net package provides two classes--Socket and ServerSocket-that implement the client side of the connection and the server side of the connection, respectively.
At this time WLSDM Socket I/O dashboards gives you perfect visualty of server socket speed.
So, how to use Socket I/O dashboards according to your domain and systems?
1. Go to "Monitoring & Diagnostic > Back-end Systems > Socket I/O" and monitor outbound HTTP socket connections performance.
2. You can use chart and list view to monitoring.
3. Switch "List" tab and view socket connection as list.
4. Back-end outbound http/s response time detail modal window as below
5. Configure page and chart options in "Back-end Systems > Socket I/O > Page Operations"
How to add socket I/O event in WLSDM?
6. Go to "Configuration > Monitoring & Diagnostic > Page Operaitons" then click "New Back-end Systems Monitoring" button.
7. In "New Back-end Systems Monitoring" modal window add server and event then click save.
8. Check WLSDM email notification
Please watch full youtube video: